Buyer – Maternity Cover (Ref: 21810105)
The successful candidate will ensure that relevant direct material is purchased at the most competitive price to support the business and to provide general company-wide purchasing assistance as necessary.
Main duties include:
- To support the Purchasing in all aspects of the Purchasing function.
- To ensure that specified purchasing procedures are followed and appropriate accurate record are maintained.
- To continually seek improvements in purchasing procedures and methods employed in line with the company’s strategic growth plans.
- To be responsible for supplier interface including contracting, auditing and analysis, selection/de-selection and development.
- To ensure adequate material sources.
- To negotiate the keenest prices at the best quality in all dealings with suppliers.
- To liaise with suppliers on a daily basis and develop strong supplier partnerships.
- To liaise closely with all relevant departments as required.
- To manage material costing and all associated material aspects on nominated customer programs.
- To work closely with the materials control department in assuring the timely supply of materials into the company.
- To represent the company at supplier meeting both internal and external as appropriate.
- To travel to nominated trade fairs and vendor premises as and when deemed necessary.
- Contribute to the overall team/departmental strategy.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations and developments.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meet performance measures and KPI’s set for you and your team.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with members of your team and other parts of the business.
- Participate in training opportunities.
- Demonstrate Sensata’s values in behaviours and actions.
- Produce the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company’s IATF16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, Sarbanes Oxley, Lean / 6s standards and any other standards that the company adheres to.
- Work as a member of a team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Comply with all Sarbox controls throughout the organisation and understand and meet the key controls that are directly related to your day to day functions.
- Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Department.
- Minimum of 2-3 years similar recent experience in a purchasing role
- Must possess a third level education
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer literacy including MS Office.
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Ability to organise and manage purchasing activities
- Purchasing qualification
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer