Development & Support Engineer (Ref:2180551)
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing detailed technical failure analysis processes and systems to be utilised throughout our global laboratories. They will also be a key liaison between Product Support and wider R&D teams in support of new and existing products. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to become the go-to person for failure analysis within the company.
Main duties include:
- Develop new & existing analytical systems & processes in an established Failure Analysis Team environment (Hardware, Software, Test Equipment, Automation)
- Liaise with R&D Lead engineers & key component suppliers during product development to ensure transfer of core product knowledge and advance diagnostic capabilities
- Develop DOEs (Design of Experimentation) to progress long standing unresolved issues
- Provide technical support for root cause investigation of complex cases and high priority customer returned products
- Maintain a high level of communication with other Product Support sites
- Support customer visits to our laboratories
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement in all global laboratories
- Develop strong links with the various departmental functions that liaise with Product Support (e.g. Design, Production, Supplier Quality, CQE)
- Assist in future growth of the Team, providing training to the technicians & engineers on new products and new technology concepts
- Must possess an Honours Degree in Electronics or a similar discipline
- At least 2 years in Electronics or a related role
- Proven track record of excellent organisational skills and the ability to schedule work independently
- Practical use of a wide range of electronic lab equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyser, Soldering etc.)
- Experience of ASIC and RF technology
- Software & Hardware development
- Test Systems development (Teststand, LabView, NI Data Acquisition etc)
- Knowledge of CAN / LIN -Bus networks
- Experience and good understanding of Mechanical design & Materials knowledge
- The role will involve occasional foreign travel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer