Electrification Marketing Manager (Hengelo)
Sensata Technologies is looking for a strong individual to lead the successful growth of our electrification portfolio for the Heavy Vehicle Off-Road (HVOR) business unit that serves commercial trucks and trailers, construction and agriculture equipment as well as motorcycles and recreational vehicles.
This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role and develop and execute on a key global growth initiative. The Electrification Marketing Leader will use leadership skills, technical knowledge, strong business acumen and inputs from a cross-functional global team to support a range of activities, from analyzing market trends, defining customer needs and evaluating the competitive landscape to developing product roadmaps and pricing proposals for OEMs and channel partners. He/ She will interface regularly with global marketing, engineering, sales, product management and business leadership to position Sensata as the leading electrification sensing provider for HVOR market segments.
The Electrification Marketing Leader will report to the Director, Global Marketing for HVOR.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning about Sensata, its markets and products. This person will also need to be self-motivated individual, who can easily function in a high demand, performance driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills and be able to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
- Market trends – understand electrification market trends (e.g. regulatory, discontinuities, etc.) and the impact to OEMs, the broader value chain as well as the telematics and vehicle/equipment system ecosystem
- Customer needs – engage OEMs and channel partners (e.g. axle manufacturers, motor manufacturers etc.,) to understand needs, adoption drivers and purchasing criteria
- Market size – evaluate electrification sensing applications and determine market size, adoption rates and growth potential across HVOR market segments
- Segmentation – develop OEM and channel partner segmentation and define electrification sensing adoption drivers and a value proposition for each segment
- Competition & positioning – analyze the competitor landscape, monitor potential entrants and establish a clear electrification positioning strategy for Sensata HVOR
- Product strategy – define electrification capability requirements and work with engineering and product management to develop a differentiated and technically feasible sensing product strategy in accordance with the established positioning
- Product & technology partners – develop and maintain new and existing partnerships and alliances with the vehicle/equipment system ecosystem
- Product development – support product development by working closely with engineering and product management to translate customer needs to product requirements and develop a multi-generation product plan
- Product testing & validation – seek continuous customer input throughout the development and validation process to confirm product acceptance following tests and demos
- Product pricing – develop and manage pricing strategy for electrification products across market segments and channels
- Sales & channel marketing support – engage in consultative sales and channel marketing support with OEMs and partners, devoting time in the field; work closely with the sales organization to develop and implement engagement plans, including proposals, quotes, negotiation, etc.
- Marketing communications – lead integrated marketing campaigns (web, advertise, exhibit, etc.) and develop and manage collateral (white papers, videos, etc.)
- Forecasting & planning – generate deliverables to support annual short-term and long-range planning (e.g. unit volume, revenue, market share, margin, etc.)
- Other activities as assigned by the Director, Global Marketing for HVOR
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer