Fleet & Industry Relations Manager (Ref: 2180771)
Sensata Technologies is looking for a Fleet and Industry Relations Manager with an enthusiasm for working and solving problems with fleets and the ecosystem in which they operate. The Fleet and Industry Relations Manager will be someone that is eager to find new and creative ways to use sensors to provide actionable insights that can be used to formulate strategies to reduce costs, increase efficiency, improve uptime and/or enhance safety for fleets.
This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role and develop and execute on a key global growth initiative. The Fleet and Industry Relations Manager will interface regularly with internal marketing and engineering teams, commercial fleets, trade organizations, and standards/regulatory bodies that govern commercial fleets to execute on a global strategy to help deploy smart and connected devices using wireless sensors.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Market Development (Smart & Connected) and the selected candidate will join a highly motivated team within a new venture organization at Sensata charged with incubating new business opportunities.
- Commercial fleet trends – understand fleets trends and top of mind issues (e.g. regulatory, operational, maintenance, etc.) and the impact to fleets, the broader value chain as well as the telematics and vehicle/equipment system ecosystem.
- Commercial fleet needs – regularly engage fleets and conduct a needs assessment and discover the voice of customer to understand critical-to-quality requirements. Communicate fleet requirements, application value, adoption drivers, buying process, payback models, purchasing criteria, and use cases to the broader team.
- Commercial fleet advisory board - develop and manage a fleets advisory board comprised of industry experts to provide strategic guidance and perspectives on the market, industry trends and Sensata products and solutions.
- Fleet trade organizations – participate in trade conferences and committees to establish Sensata brands and expertise. (e.g. product demonstrations, conference speaking engagements, committee leadership, etc.)
- Standards and regulations – influence and interpret the impact of standards and regulations related to commercial fleets and the products Sensata offers to commercial fleets. (e.g. SAE, ISO, European Commission, etc.)
- Commercial fleet segmentation – develop and maintain a commercial fleet market segmentation and define adoption drivers and a value proposition for each segment for prioritized sensor applications.
- Product development – support product development by working closely with engineering and product management to translate fleet needs to product requirements.
- Product testing & validation – seek continuous fleet input throughout the development and validation process to confirm product acceptance following tests and demos
- Sales & channel marketing support – engage in consultative sales and channel marketing support with fleets as needed; work closely with Sensata team members to develop and implement engagement plans for high value fleets, including proposals, quotes, negotiation, etc.
- S. degree in engineering, business management or related field preferred
- 10+ years of direct commercial trucking fleet experience; ideal candidate will have experience in fleets operations, maintenance and/or logistics
- In-depth knowledge of commercial fleet management combined with familiarity with standards and regulations impacting the trucking industry
- Ability to leverage a broad network of contacts throughout the trucking industry in order to mobilize and lead a fleet advisory board
- Strong understanding of fleet telematics systems and value proposition
- Experience with product development or new technology introduction
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional environment and deliver results despite the ambiguity and complexity typically associated with emerging markets
- Demonstrated public speaking skills with the ability to exhibit executive presence and establish credibility with an audience
- Structured thinking with analytical skills
- Desire to make a significant impact in a high growth environment
- Energetic, collaborative, self-motivated and autonomous
- Willingness to travel as required in Europe
- Strong computer skills
This role will be based in Antrim or Hengelo
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer