In-house legal advisor for European Legal Team (Ref: 2180890)
Sensata Technologies is a New York Stock Exchange listed company specialising in the engineering and manufacturing of sensors and sensing technologies for multiple applications. Our business focus includes automotive and heavy truck, industrial sensing applications, controls products and aerospace.
The European legal team supports over 20 operating companies in 8 key European jurisdictions and is also involved in group projects of a global or pan-European nature. This is a full time, permanent role ideally based in our Antrim, Northern Ireland office. For the right candidate a position in our Swindon, UK office or Hengelo, Holland office may also be possible after a period of initial training in Antrim.
The primary focus of this role is to review and provide commercial contract advice over the European region and to support corporate secretarial and other group projects the legal team is involved in. Main duties will include:
- Reviewing NDAs & commercial contracts and providing quick, accurate and on point advice to commercial teams and stakeholders;
- Investigating and researching a variety of legal issues across Europe;
- Monitoring legislation change nationally and at a European level;
- Summarising large quantities of information and drafting executive summary briefing notes;
- Training commercial teams on red flag issues and helping develop learning and know-how;
- Supporting other legal activity, as required.
- Legal degree from a reputable university in Europe;
- Ability to provide legal advice in a commercial and clear manner to various stakeholders;
- Good communication skills, professional attitude and ability to work within a small team to commercial deadlines;
- Ability to oversee specific projects and input on legal issues as part of a project team;
- Paralegal, NQ or qualified lawyer up to 3 years PQE level
- We will look at candidates qualified in any of UK / Ireland / Germany / Holland for this role.
- Applications from German/Dutch qualified lawyers with good results in both State exams (for Germany) and an LLM ideally from an Anglophone university are encouraged.
- Candidates who have not yet formally qualified as a lawyer but who have relevant academics or European commercial law or paralegal experience will also be considered.
- Fluent English and German languages a strong advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer