Mechanical Design TeamLeader (Ref: 21812121)
Sensata Technologies is a world leader in the design and development of mission critical sensors and systems.
The Sensata Antrim facility has four Mechanical Design & Analysis Teams totaling over 40 people and consisting of Engineers, Technical Specialists, Managers, Technicians & Students.
Due to a recent promotion, we are recruiting a Mechanical Design Team Leader to lead one of these Product Teams, based in Antrim. They will be a high calibre candidate who will lead the Design & Development of our World-class Products, as part of a Global organisation, aligning with our Mission Statement: Be a Great Team, Shape Our Future and Do It Better.
Main duties will include:
- Lead, inspire & mentor a talented Team of Senior Engineers, Engineers, Technicians and Placement Students
- Help shape the Technical Product Roadmap for TPMS and other sensors & support research into new technologies
- Oversee the ‘Mechanical’ Product Design & Development within the Team, following the requirements of Sensata’s NPDE2 process for New Product Design & Engineering Excellence
- Ensure proactive Team engagement with Customers & across multi-disciplinary Teams on New Product Developments
- Develop the Team through identifying training needs, talent development & creative thinking
- Promote continuous improvement & develop best practice both in Product & Process Methodologies
- Assist in budgeting of team resources, prototype tooling & parts and capital expenditure
- Apply innovative problem-solving techniques to investigate complex issues & develop ‘outside the box’ solutions
- Support general team management & administration activities
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent
- At least 5 years Design Engineering experience
- High technical aptitude across multiple fields
- Leadership capability
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams
Occasional travel will be required for visiting Customers, Suppliers & other Sensata R&D/Manufacturing sites.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer