Senior Electronics/Software Engineer (Ref: 2190357)
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of Bespoke Production Electronics Test Systems, Production Integration and Traceability Systems.
Main duties include:
- Lead the design, development and optimisation of Production Test Equipment across the Sensata manufacturing sites for the TPMS and MEMS product families
- Integrate test equipment into automated production lines
- Create training material and provide training to the remote sites as required
- Be proficient in the use of NI Software Tools, in particular Labview & Teststand
- Lead the optimisation of the performance of the Automated Test Equipment by software development including assisting in the writing of specifications, integrating into Production Systems and developing diagnostic and test result traceability systems
- Liaise with Sensata suppliers at a technical level to integrate their equipment and ours with each other, and the MIS managed quality and data traceability systems
- Liaise with the various product design groups to assist the hardware design process and APQP process when new production technology is required
- A Bachelor of Science/Engineering Degree in an Electronics/Software related discipline
- Demonstrate the ability/skills to develop using our internal hardware/software tools or similar at a high level e.g. MS Visual Studio (C++, C#, VB), Embedded Programming, Protel/Altium
- 3 years Electronics/Firmware Design Experience
- 5 years’ experience
- Hardware Design experience (Analogue or Digital)
Please note that occasional travel will be required for equipment installation and support
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer