Senior Systems Design Engineer (BMS) (Ref: 21809103)
The office of the CTO at Sensata technologies has created a megatrend-focused organization to capitalize on growth opportunities presented by Electrification, Autonomy, Connected and Sharing. A key Incubation project we are focusing on is the Battery Management Sensing.
Sensata’s battery management engineering team is innovating new sensing and control solutions for lithium-ion energy storage systems. Together with leading global customers, we are developing next generation battery management technologies and products that significantly improve the safety, performance, reliability and costs of battery systems – and the next generation of electric cars, trucks, buses and stationary storage systems that use them. We’re looking for a world class technical talent to lead our global battery management engineering teams.
The Senior Systems Engineer for BMS initiative in Sensata, integral in developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications. You will be responsible for:
- Senior systems engineering for BMS product development, including requirement engineering, architecture definition, system design, analysis, and validation
- Understanding customer technical requirements and expectations, and developing/driving BMS system solutions from concept to launch
- Playing a key role in eliciting both external and internal stakeholder requirements for new products, features & technology developments Delivering hands-on proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
- Having a senior level understanding of system development process to meet the requirements of ISO 26262, ASPICE, CMMI.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or related discipline (minimum 2:1)
- Minimum of 7 years in relevant industries and engineering projects; design experience with technology development and product development
- Experience with systems modelling, simulation and validation environment such as MIL, SIL and HIL
- Experience with system analysis tools such as Fault Tree, FMEA, FMEDA.
- Experience with systems incorporating wireless communications
- Knowledge of System Development Process
- Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
- Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
- Experience working in an AGILE development framework as a Product Owner
- Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with Systems, Software, Hardware and Verification engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions
- Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer