SQA Manager (Ref: 21711111)
Our highly engineered devices satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency, and a clean environment. These are devices that improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day and are used in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air conditioning, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
It is the role of the Supplier Quality Manager “Semi-Conductors” to direct, coach and manage a team of Supplier Quality Engineers in New Product Development and Serial Production phases.
The role will involve managing the development and implementation of Supplier Quality related initiatives through high-level compliance and conformity management, required process improvements, the application of Core Quality Tools and techniques, in order to support and fulfil the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manage and oversee all Supplier Quality engineering activities to achieve internal and external customer’s requirements; establish, meet and track all departmental objectives by leading, allocating and developing team resources.
- Manage department performance by reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), while checking work, tracking progress, enforcing company policy, training and motivating employees.
- Champion individual and team efforts and aid in the development of professionals, to achieve individual leadership/accountability to company goals and objectives.
- Build and communicate action plans, manage them actively and establishes a routine reporting structure within the organization at all levels.
- Supports the team in correct application of the ST Supplier Selection Process, working with Purchasing to select and develop suppliers through regular assessment and plant visitations. Lead and/or participate in proactive and early involvement initiatives.
- Respect the fundamentals of APQP to ensure the flawless launch of new products.
- Ensure permanent supplier efficiency analysis through monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reviews, in conjunction with the Supplier Quality Manager Europe. Support, develop, implement and close loop on supplier improvement plans.
- Initiate supplier-related problem solving by 8D’s, to address non-conformance, delivery problems, warranty cases and/or other performance issues as necessary; drive containment activities, communicate with the relevant internal/external contacts and ensure timely closure and effectiveness.
- Direct contact of Sensata Customers in case of Supplier Non- performance or required Continuous Improvement activities
- Support processing and disposition of supplier non-conformances and initiate supplier charge backs to recover costs associated with poor supplier performance.
- Conduct supplier manufacturing capability assessments as appropriate and develop action plans to close gaps.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Must have 5+ years’ experience within Semiconductor (Automotive or Aerospace) manufacturing
- Must have previous work experience in a Semiconductor manufacturing facility and an understanding of front end (FAB); back end (Packaging) and testing activiti
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques for electronic parts.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in handling non-conforming parts and analysing corrective actions: 8D; 5 Why; Look Across.
- Must have with 3+ years of experience in auditing (VDA 6.3 and/or ISO 9001/ IATF 16949).
- Extensive knowledge of the Core Quality Tools, 8D- 5 Why´s, LEAN manufacturing, Pareto data analysis, etc.
- Flexibility to travel on company business (up to 40% of work time)
- Valid Car driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer