Supplier Quality Engineer (Electrical/ Electronics) – Ref: 2170871
Our highly engineered devices satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency, and a clean environment. These are devices that improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day and are used in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air conditioning, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will monitor and maintain quality performance of the Supplier’s products and approve supplier activities for new products and engineering changes.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provides active support during the supplier selection process (VDA 6.3 audits).
- APQP, D/P-FMEA review and critique on supplier processes/products.
- Performs Run @ Rates at the supplier.
- Initialization of Safe Launch Processes at the supplier site.
- Manages that product and process changes are controlled.
- Active management in case of product non-conformance by 8D.
- Forces containment and corrective actions, together with the supplier, until resolution in development and serial production.
- Measures the supplier performance, defines actions in case a supplier is not meeting the quality expectation and targets.
- Drive zero defects and develop supplier capabiltiies via continuous improvement programs.
- Ensure best practice is adopted within the supply chain.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years related experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience of 8D understanding, creation and completion.
- Automotive or medical industry experience – with knowledge of core quality tools – PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA.
- Auditing experience (VDA 6.3, TS16949, ISO 9001 etc).
- Flexibility to travel on company business.
- Valid Car driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer