Systems Design Engineer (Ref: 2180992)
Reporting to the Systems Design Team Manager you will work within cross functional teams to deliver electronic systems to the world’s biggest automotive manufacturers. You will work within a continually evolving world class development process in a dynamic and exciting market.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Developing system level solutions for a range of automotive applications including Motorcycle, Passenger car, Van & Light Truck, Heavy Vehicle & Off Road.
• Working closely with customer technical and project personnel.
• Contributing to the on-going development of Sensata product roadmaps.
• Delivering hands-on proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
• Eliciting both external and internal stakeholder requirements for new products, features & technology developments
• Algorithm development and modelling of system level behaviour for new functionality.
• Development of vehicle level test and integration tools for use in proving grounds and on road test environments
• Deploying functionality either on Sensata developed hardware or via integration projects with world class development partners.
Please note as the role is customer facing and so occasional foreign travel is required
- Applicants must possess a minimum of an Honours degree in Electronic / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Effective communication, organisational skills and the ability to present to customers are important aspects of the role.
- Applications are welcome from Engineers without a background in Systems Engineering but do have demonstrable evidence of a breadth of Engineering experience as training will be provided
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer