Systems Verification Engineer (BMS) (Ref: 21809102)
The office of the CTO at Sensata technologies has created a megatrend-focused organization to capitalize on growth opportunities presented by Electrification, Autonomy, Connected and Sharing. A key Incubation project we are focusing on is the Battery Management Sensing.
Sensata’s battery management engineering team is innovating new sensing and control solutions for lithium-ion energy storage systems. Together with leading global customers, we are developing next generation battery management technologies and products that significantly improve the safety, performance, reliability and costs of battery systems – and the next generation of electric cars, trucks, buses and stationary storage systems that use them. We’re looking for a world class technical talent to lead our global battery management engineering teams.
Reporting to the Systems Verification Manager, you will be responsible for the system-level testing of Wireless Battery Management Systems for the next generation of electric passenger cars. Duties include:
- Systems Verification Engineer for BMS initiative in Sensata, integral in developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications
- Systems Verification Engineer for BMS product development responsible for the system-level verification requirement engineering, interpretation of internal and external stakeholder requirements for effective design and execution of overall test plan
- Responsible for effective issue tracking and resolution in conjunction with Systems Design and Embedded Software Teams
- Understanding of system development processes to meet the requirements of eg. ISO 26262, ASPICE, TS/IATF16949.
- Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with Systems, Software, Hardware and Verification engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions
- Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form.
- This is a full-time permanent role based within the Systems Verification Team in Antrim.
- Honours degree in relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Track record of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven competency in MS Excel
- Experience in Battery Management Systems
- Experience in Automotive Testing
- Experience in Functional Safety developments
- Experience in System Testing, System Integration Testing or Software Testing; particularly a knowledge of CAN/LIN/FLEXRAY based systems
- “ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level” or similar Software/Systems Test Qualification
- Experience of automated simulation & testing and test script development
- Proven ability to collate, analyse and report on large data sets
- Experience in using MS Excel VBA
- Valid UK driver’s license
- A key contributor to BMS technology and product development
- Achieving results in support of business goals in a matrixed, team oriented, global environment; working with global cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, quality, marketing, sales, customer service and operations.
- Developing wireless solutions to meet Automotive, Industrial and ESS needs
- Occasional foreign travel is required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer