Technology Development Team Technicians (Ref: 2180218)
Reporting into the Engineering Team Leader, the successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of existing and creation of new products through construction and test of circuits and systems.
- Assist with product design verification within your responsibility.
- Assist with system design verification within your responsibility (vehicle driving required).
- Perform prototype building, testing and validation & fault diagnosis for parts/products within remit.
- Document test results and provide simple reports when necessary.
- Ensure that the lab is tidy and stocked with required components.
- Ensure that all defined company operating procedures are followed and adequate records maintained.
- Liaise with all process related departments as required.
- Produce the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company’s TS16949 procedures.
- Work as a member of a team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Research and Development function.
- HNC engineering – preferably electronics based
- Full UK drivers license
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Able to demonstrate competence in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- Experience of soldering SMT components and building prototype components
- Experience of testing and debugging electronic circuits
- Experience of basic PCB design.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer