Hardware Design Engineer (Smart & Connected) (2190346)
Sensata Technologies is recruiting a Hardware Design Engineer to develop electronic solutions for the systems and products in our Smart & Connected growth initiative within the Sensata Ventures organisation.
Commercial fleets are seeking to deploy smart and connected devices across trucks and trailers in order to generate actionable insight to reduce operating costs, improve uptime and enhance safety. As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will work within a cross-functional team to develop electronic solutions for multiple sensing applications and gateway products. You will have an opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology which offers a unique challenge in achieving optimal performance from resource-constrained devices.
The selected candidate will join a highly motivated and growing team within a new ventures organization at Sensata charged with incubating and commercialising new technologies.
- Development of electronic hardware for embedded sensors and gateway products, including circuit design, simulation and layout
- Conducting research and prototyping for new electronic designs
- Reviewing of customer specifications and other relevant documentation to inform design activities
- Completion of development activities according to Sensata development processes, including all relevant documentation and design reviews
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and internal departments in support of project activities
- Travel to customers and suppliers for on-site support, training and meetings
- Assessment and procurement of tools for hardware development activities
- Working according to all agreed team procedures, including Agile/Scrum methods
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- BEng degree in Electronics or a related engineering discipline
- Two years’ industrial experience in a Hardware Design role
- Experience of developing analogue and digital circuits
- Experience of simulation for electronic design
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated personality
- Willingness to travel as required to global Sensata and customer sites
Preferred characteristics include:
- Experience in design of electronics for wireless communication links at sub-GHz and 2.4GHz frequency bands
- Experience in design of electronics for battery-powered devices
- Experience in electronics designer testing using National Instruments or similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team development environment
- Experience developing products/systems compliant with ISO 26262 functional safety standards
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Sensata is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.