Embedded Software Engineer (Battery Management System) Ref: 21907103
Sensata Technologies is recruiting an Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for the systems and products in our Electrification growth initiative within the Sensata Ventures organisation.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be playing a key role in the emerging BMS systems engineering activities within Sensata and with key partners and customers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will work within a cross-functional team to develop embedded software for next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications.
The selected candidate will join a highly motivated and growing team within a new ventures organization at Sensata charged with incubating and commercialising new technologies.
The role includes:
- Developing embedded C software for BMS product development
- Supporting all aspects of the software product life-cycle, from initial software requirements capture, architectural design, coding design, implementation, test, and release to customers
- Algorithm design and implementation for new functionality
- Developing proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
- Working according to all agreed team procedures, including Agile/Scrum methods
- Honours degree in Software, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a related discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years in relevant industries in an embedded software design role
- Embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C.
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
- Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
- Excellent understanding of software development processes, like Agile or v-model, skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
- Familiar with scripting languages, working knowledge of RTOS’s, hardware peripherals and hardware interfaces, the implementation of algorithms and/or communication stacks on embedded targets
- Experience with MISRA C and static analysis
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience with over the air communications would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer