Embedded Software Engineer (Ref: 21908132)
We are seeking an embedded software development engineer to join the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Design group. Your role will involve all aspects of the SDLC and you will be supporting the development and delivery of unique solutions which provide high value to our end customers.
Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements
- Develop the required detail around the software specification working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers.
- Develop the customer specific application software
- Develop test harnesses to simulate software.
- Apply expert knowledge to resolve complex technical situations effectively and quickly.
- Assist with and take ownership of software process development.
- Provide support to other teams such as production, product support and quality
- The candidate will be responsible for developing customer specific application software for that embedded microprocessor.
- The candidate should be aware or have experience in all stages of the software lifecycle/processes and have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Degree in Electronics/software or related discipline
- 1 year+ embedded software development in C or assembler experience – other languages will be considered
- Track record of good analytical and team working skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organized and be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture or other UML tools
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer