Manufacturing Engineer (Ref: 21908130)
Reporting to the Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, qualifying and implementing new products and technologies into a high volume production environment.
- Qualifying new equipment and processes and set-up for high volume production and provide ongoing technical support to global make sites.
- Analysing defect and yield information and determining corrective actions.
- Undertake Advanced Product Quality Planning activities as necessary e.g. PFMEA’s Control Plans, Process Specifications, Operation and Training Instructions.
- Develop industrial engineering specifications as necessary e.g. line balancing, ergonomics and respond to customer concerns (8-D’s) in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Undertaking continuous improvement activities through Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- This role will involve an element of foreign travel to support operations teams and install new lines.
- A Honours degree in Engineering/Manufacturing or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- High calibre candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A current driver’s licence and access to transport
- Automotive experience
- Knowledge of/experience in implementing lean manufacturing initiatives
- Some International travel may be required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer