Manufacturing Engineer (Ref: 21911186)
The Manufacturing Engineer will lead the introduction of new products, processes and technologies as well as implementation of change management activities and the documentation required to support all NPD/change management activities.
- Actively leading introduction of new products, new technologies, new processes, new manufacturing lines, new components and new technologies.
- Being responsible for completion and delivery of required project documentation.
- Undertaking Advanced Product Quality Planning activities as necessary, e.g. PFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Flows, Operation and Training instructions, etc.
- Actively leading cross-functional meetings regarding process and product design and manufacturability.
- Working with relevant personnel in order to develop specifications, plans and documentation for smooth new product introduction and undertake new customer pre-launch activity.
- Developing and utilizing Specific Component PPAP knowledge to maximum benefits to manufacturing and communicate this knowledge to all relevant personnel and at key planning stages
- Creating programs for SMT Assembly- Screen Print/SMT/Reflow/AOI/Depanelling, as necessary
- Identifying and leading continuous improvement opportunities within SMT and Manufacturing Engineering
- Supporting Customer and TS Process audits.
- Providing ongoing technical assistance to global make sites
- Developing industrial engineering specifications as necessary, e.g. line balancing, ergonomics, etc.
- Leading investigation into SMT
- Candidates must possess a degree in Engineering or related sciences, e.g. metallurgy, chemistry, physics, etc.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of SMT – with at least 2 years at a senior engineering level
- Automotive experience
- Knowledge of/experience in implementing lean manufacturing initiatives
- This role will involve an element of foreign travel to support operations team and install new lines.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer