Systems Verification Engineering Placement (Ref: 21910178)
Sensata Technologies is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
Sensata Technologies is developing and producing a broad portfolio of sensors and embedded systems for automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With our innovative products we strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry. We describe our culture as dynamic, open, proactive, one Sensata, can do attitude, obsession to win, high flexibility, close to our customers.
Main responsibilities include:
- Under the guidance of experienced Systems Verification Engineers, you will be developing skills in Test Design and Execution through hands-on live project work with the world’s largest vehicle manufactures.
- You will be responsible for developing test methods and performing complex sub System Verification of end user system level functionality
- You will be exposed to both HW and SW interfaces that will require you to develop test strategies and tools in order to comprehensively verify automotive systems.
- You will learn how to Plan, Execute and Report on System Verification campaigns verifying both internal and external customer requirements
- The role is particularly suited to individuals who are diligent, detail oriented, enjoy understanding how complex systems work and can creatively cause them to malfunction.
- The role allows students to develop skills in the management of large test suites, prioritisation, project management of test activities and defect management (Atlassian JIRA)
- Occasional travel may be required to support Project deliverables and vehicle testing.
We offer you a competitive compensation package and placement within an international environment.
- A friendly, open culture where you will work with a diverse group people from all over the world
- Work with skilled subject matter experts. People committed to finding solutions for tough technical and business challenges
- A culture where results and performance matter. We are committed, but also take the time to celebrate milestones and get to know each other outside of work
- Working with state-of-the-art tools and processes on diverse projects with real world applications
- A structured Under-graduate Development Programme
- Completed 2 years of a technical honours degree relating to Electronics, Software Design, System Design or similar.
- The job entails an element of coding, in order to facilitate automated testing, so you should be able to demonstrate that you are comfortable with basic coding logic.
- Experience in testing. Automotive Embedded Software Testing and Systems Testing are obviously ideal however any other software or system test experience would be acceptable. This could have been as part of a group project or a specific module in e.g. software testing. This is not essential, as we will coach all new starts in Verification/Testing tools and techniques however it will prove useful for interview.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
An application form can be downloaded from our website: www.schradercareers.com Completed Application Forms should be emailed to email@example.com All applicants must provide information on subject grades gained at university. We are not accepting CVs.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer