Senior Hardware Engineer (Ref: 21908127)
In this role, you have the opportunity to work on the design and development of automotive products in our TPMS range. You will work as part of a team that is responsible for delivering innovative designs into high volume manufacturing. You will be responsible for leading electronic designs through the development lifecycle and for providing technical customer support for key business growth projects.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Actively lead cross-functional teams regarding design direction.
- Plan projects and deliver product timing plans for Customers and Project Leaders.
- Develop and present technical materials for both internal and external customers.
- Capable of coaching and mentoring junior Engineers.
- Be pro-active in design management to reduce costs.
- Be able to take the lead in a key technology area.
- Occasional foreign travel to customer and partner sites.
- Gain the co-operation and respect of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Honours degree in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years in a similar role.
- Track record of good analytical and team working skills.
- Knowledge of hardware engineering processes and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate self-motivation, directing your own work, making decisions and action plans based on technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of electrical design for RF systems.
- Understanding of silicon development.
- Experience with component selection, BOM and cost analysis.
- Appreciation and understanding of electronic Manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Altium Designer and Vault.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer