Systems Development Manager (Ref: 2190685)
We are seeking candidates for Systems Development Manager position. Reporting to the Engineering Director you will manage the Systems Development cross-functional teams, focused on execution of projects according to agreed development process, and continuous improvement of development activities to build a competitive engineering organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communication of project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading development and ongoing support of regional teams.
- Line management responsibility for Systems Development Team Leaders.
- Training and personal development of team members to effectively plan, execute and report on Systems Development activities.
- Preparing and reviewing technical offering and development quotes for new business opportunities.
- Reviewing and reporting of Systems Development KPIs.
- In collaboration with Functional Team Managers, develop Systems Development tools, capabilities and processes as required to remain competitive in automotive and related markets.
- Collaborating with Functional Team managers to support resourcing of cross-functional teams and personal development of engineers.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- BEng Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, with more than eight years of experience in a relevant technical field, and at least three years in a relevant management role
- Track record in collaborating with other management roles to plan team resourcing and supporting team member personal development
- Ability to make decisions and effectively communicate status of projects to internal and external customers
- You will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of engineers to deliver according to the System Development Process (SDP) on a project-by-project A positive attitude to lead problem-solving of technical and project timing issues
- Ability to travel to support projects and customers
Desirable requirements you should have:
- Five years in a technical management role
- Experience leading remote technical team members
- Experience working with, optimising and implementing development processes in line with Agile principles
- Experience working according to Automotive industry standards such as ASPICE and ISO26262
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, Schrader is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Schrader Electronics is an equal opportunities employer